Because this brief/ unit was part of course I have obviously tried to source materials and subjects that have not cost me anything. to that end I shall produce estimated costs for the resources used.
College course time 16 weeks = 16 days total work divided between 3 units, plus additional days of my own time.
The resources involved in this brief were basically as follows:
- Insurances and my time costs
- camera and lens
- support equipment such as tripods, lighting andd reflectors
Flash Equipment I borrowed from the college was again free, to buy would have been around £900, and to hire for three days would have been £60 and £25 for the battery pack
- people to photograph including accessories and clothing
- cars and materials to photograph
- pc/ Mac including appropriate software to download, edit and process images
- CD// Mac/ Printer, paper and ink to enable output of images to the relevant source
So all in all what would have been cheaper to do... Buy and borrow or Hire
The results are in
Buy and borrow have cost me ... £5,720
To hire would have cost me ... £1,800
The actual costs were ... £70 including purchasing three calendars
The end result is that obviously as I had all this equipment already the actual cost of the shoot was £40 for one model, but had this been a commercial shoot it is significantly cheaper to hire, the flip side to this is that if you are using the equipment on a daily basis then the reverse is true it then become cheaper to buy over the long term.